Hey guys! Michaels is having their annual lowest prices of the season starting on April 6 to 12. Loew-Cornell brushes will be up to 50% off the original ticketed price. Make sure to detach the 40% off coupon on the ads if you do receive one in the mail.
Sorry... the brushes are dirty!
My fave Loew-Cornell brushes (the brushes are made of natural hair):
1) 3/4 Maxine's Mop: I use this brush to contour/define my cheeks,jawlines, and sides of the nose. The brush works wonderfully and the bristles are really soft to blend out the coutouring color. I like this brush better than the MAC 168, which is also used for coutouring or applying blushes. This '3/4' brush is fluffed round tip and soft to contour on the sides of the nose. Yes, this brush is used for Art purposes but seriously I have used this brush for over a month now and it does not have any scratchy feeling. By the way, the handle is purple! I believe I got this brush for over $10 with 25% off. Ohh, I noticed that RenRen has used this brush couple times on her tutorials for contouring.
2) 3/8 Maxine's Mop: I love love love this brush. It is my alternative brush to MAC 239. It works well with e/s and pigments; really grabs the color and/or pigments. The bristles are very soft but firm enough to adhere pigments or loose powders. I got this brush for $3! Love it!! Ohh, purple handle too!
3) 1/4 Maxine's Mop: This brush is almost the same version of the 3/8 Maxine's Mop but smaller in size. I would say this brush is identical to MAC 231. I mainly use this brush to shade my inner eyes/corner. Very soft and dense bristles. Another keeper for a cheaper price *yelling* $2!!
4) 1/4 AMM Mini Mop: This brush is an alternative to MAC 225 but smaller than the 224. I like this brush for shading and blending eyeshadows. The fibers are very soft and it can be used to wash out bold colors or for light e/s applications. The handle is green! About $4-7... not sure!
5) LC #6 AmericanPainter in 4500 Filbert: This is almost similar to MAC 249 but much smaller and the bristles are longer. The texture feels the same as the 249 and it works well for lips application or concealer in small areas. I use this brush to apply MAC Tinted Lip Balm in 'Petting Pink'. It really digs into the lines of my lips. The handle is pinkish-tan color. $2.50.
6) 3/4 Expression Robert Simmons E52 Oval Mop: This brush is super duper soft and awesome for defining the cheekbones and sides of the nose. The brush can also be used for blush application using circular motions. I want to say this brush is almost similar to MAC 192 but not as full and softer, IMO. I love using this brush for my cheeks because it really picks up the color and I don't need to swipe three-four times to really get the color to show up. Also, this brush is amazing in defining smaller cheekbones or cheeks that most Asian girls have (like me). I think I got it around $12.
Now that you got a taste of my fave LC brushes, are you going to grab one during the sales? If you're at least thinking of getting one, I suggest the '3/8 Maxine's Mop' because it works as well as MAC 239.
You can also order the brushes online: http://www.rexart.com/loe_asst_nat_brushes.html
I still think it's cheaper to get the brushes online but if you don't want to pay for shipping then check out Michaels instead.
I'll be picking more brushes as back-ups.