»

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

FOTD: Simple Brownish-Green

I don't know what to call this look so I'm going to call this a "simple brownish-green" look. It's very subtle and the green olive color is very pretty in person. I got tons of comments today about this eye look. I really like it!

I am still working on how to take a good eye or close up picture so that the eyeshadow colors will show up vibrantly. Also, I use the macro mode but it seems like every picture I took was always not as vibrant as I wanted to be. I am very frustrated that most of my FOTD photos did not really capture the true eyeshadow colors I would like you guys to see. I seriously need some photo-taking methods. Please!!!

Face:
-Smashbox Foundation Primer
-Studio Fix powder
-Blot Powder
-Trace Gold blush
-Buff blush

Eyes:
-UPDD
-Sumptious Olive 2/3 of lid
-Kid to crease
-Nylon to inner corner and lower corner/lash
-Rose Blanc to highlight
-Spiked to brows
-Blacktrack f/l to line uppper lash
-Mystery to trace over Blacktrack f/l
-Graphblack to line lower lash
-L'Oreal Voluminious mascara

Lips:
MAC Barely Lit
NYX Megashine l/g in Natural

um...My sexy pose... eh? behind my husband


4 COMMENTS:

na said...

I think your photos look fine. :) Natural light also helps, but it's hard sometimes when you're indoors. Another thing that might help is the Fill Flash (looks like a mini lightning bolt).

MsLanie said...

I'll check my camera for the Fill Flash the next time I take FOTDs. Thanks Emilee!

Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

great fotd. :)

MsLanie said...

Thanks Christiana!

 

Chatterbox

I thought having a chatterbox here would be more accessible to leave comments/suggestions and for my replies. Or if you like you can always leave comments on an entry you find interesting. Thanks!